The October OBS Monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 6th, , 7 pm at Grace United Methodist Church, NW 63rd & Tulsa ave. in OKC. The meeting is open to OBS members and non-members.
This month we are excited to feature Susan Urbach. Susan commutes from Norman to her job in downtown OKC each day on her e-bike.
Here is among just a few of the topics she will cover:
- Why even think of an ebike?
- Mental hurdles of buying an ebike after being a “regular” bike rider –
- Thinking change – bike as transportation rather than recreation
- Commute becomes a happy time – multimodal – i.e. carry bike on car to bus park and ride, ride bike in, take bus home. Drive car with bike part way, bike in, bike back to car, drive home. Drive all the way in, leave car overnight, bike home, bike in the next day, drive with bike home. Planning for happiness.
- Do you really get exercise?
- What specs did I look for, kit vs built, costs
- Difficulties – weight of bike, and yes, you can ride without the assist, but…….
- Interesting and safe cycle routes from Norman to Downtown.
Plus – BikeOne is planning to have a few e-bikes at the meeting for you to try out in the Grace church parking lot. Come see what it is like to ride an e-bike.